Sunday, October 18, 2009



So much has been going on in the past few weeks/months. I tried out for the Maine Roller Derby League and made it! I've been practicing with them since early September. It is really such a fantastic experience. I'm a horrible skater, but the more I do it, the better I get. I'll be very glad when my semester is over, since one of our practice nights coincides with the time of one of my classes. It's kind of hard to tell the professor that I've got to go do something else when he considers our class to be vital. Plus, roller derby isn't as easy a sport to grasp as basketball. I feel like if I was on the USM basketball team or field hockey team he would be much more supportive.
The pictures are from the Pumpkin Festival in Damariscotta over Columbus Day weekend. There were pumpkin boat races in the river! It's so much fun and there were so many delicious pumpkin food items for sale. I had pumpkin pie soda, which absolutely fantastic. My roommate and I had to fight kids to be able to have our picture taken in that thing. Then I managed to bump my shoulder really hard on the frame and that is when I concluded it was not built for big people.

No comments: