Sunday, November 27, 2011

Apple Picking for the First Time



This year was the first time that I had ever been apple picking. At least, that I can remember and that my mom could remember. She said she had never taken me and I could not recall a single instance in my past that I had gone. It was amazing! I picked so many apples!



Then we brought them back to my friends apartment and made caramel apples! The caramel actually became too hard for me to be able to bite off the apple, but it was so delicious. So were the crepes that we made in the next few days for breakfast, with apple filling from the apples we had picked ourselves!

One of my favorite things about Portland is that there is the ability to escape the big city and go to all of these amazing outdoors options. You can go hiking on so many trails, even within Portland, that will make you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. Then you have the ability to go apple picking, berry picking or to any of the beaches that are a quick car ride or even a stroll, if you wanted to visit the East End Beach. There are so many fantastic areas within and around Portland to Explore.

Mister Abner can testify to that

No comments: