Sunday, April 24, 2011



One of my favorite views of home. This weekend has been jam packed full of seeing friends and family. I don't know how I have managed to see so many people in such a short amount of time, especially now that I have finally come to the conclusion I am coming down with a cold. In a word, I am exhausted.

Recently I decided that I was going to take up running. My first step is to read a book called "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall, which was suggested to me by my friend Erin (http://www.bluebirdbaby.typepad.com/) and also by my chiropractor. I am going to save up enough money to get a pair of sneakers that my chiropractor recommended (Nike Free) and then start running. Hopefully this will all take less than a month before I can actually start running. The goal is to start small and then be able to run a few miles at a time. I feel like having a small goal of a few miles is reasonable, since in the past I have not enjoyed running. Perhaps since I will be on my own and not being yelled at by a field hockey coach it will be more fun this time. I like to move my body and want to be able to enjoy running. So I shall start small and see where it will take me.

No comments: