Saturday, June 25, 2011

A few weeks ago I went to this new thrift shop on Congress street. It's called 604 Thrift and it's amazing. I bought two dresses there for under ten dollars, one of which will be my birthday dress this year. The dress is white and has these two pink ribbons and bows on it which makes it look like a birthday package or cake. When I tried it on I knew that it had to be the dress that I wear to celebrate my birthday this year. I just need to hem it a little (ok so maybe my mom will hem it a little) and it will be good to go! The other dress was a pink Gap dress with little flowers on it and I found a nice bright pink belt. I don't know why I was having such a pink day that day, because pink isn't a color that I am normally drawn to.

I also managed to find a Pyrex dish set that was only $6. It seriously blew my mind how good the prices were there. I remember the days (like ten years ago?) when you could go to a thrift shop and actually find good deals on things you actually wanted and that was exactly what I found here.


I had originally forgotten the name of the shop, so I Googled it and found this review on Yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/604-thrift-portland

It seems that someone else is a fan of the shop as well! I like that the reviewer mentions the dog that is there, because I love stores with dogs. I love dogs in general and to go to a shop that has a dog in it warms my heart like nothing else. Plus, how can you not love a place that has a little note in the dressing room to remind you that you are beautiful.


No comments: