Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yesterday I went to the East End School for the Vegetarian Food Festival. It was the first time that I had been able to make it to it, so that was exciting.


The East End School has flowers growing on the roof! How magical! I had never really walked around the East End before yesterday and I was quite surprised at how good the view was looking down onto the city and also how many nice houses were around there.


I didn't even know that there was a community garden up there!


And this beautiful walkway to a lookout point so that you can see the whole city.


It was raining by the time we got to the end of the walkway, but it was still nice to see the whole city from above. I want to go back on a beautiful day to see what it is like then. I love how I can continually find new and beautiful places in the city.

Yesterday changed my opinion of the East End completely, because I had never really been that big of a fan before. I much prefer the West End, but the East End did remind me on the way back to my car how sometimes it smells like a bathroom. Oh East End, you stay classy! Perhaps we can blame the rain on that one?

No comments: