Saturday, June 7, 2008

Adventures in Montpelier

Today we decided to talk a little road trip down to Montpelier, the capital of Vermont. It is actually quite smaller than Burlington, but is an adorable little town. Today happened to be the naked bike parade day across the United States or perhaps just in Vermont? I'm not sure, but we did get to some naked people riding bikes.

I loved how excited they were about it and everyone that was there to watch cheered them on as they rolled by. There was even a man on rollerblades and another man who had his dog running next to him while he was biking. The positive energy that surrounded the entire event, which I'm quite sure was to protest gas consumption, was so overwhelming in a good way.

After the naked bicycle parade I sat on a stoop while waiting for Ben to get out of a movie store. He just had to buy three more VHS tapes to add to his ever growing collection. Ben is one of my current roommates, Mary being the other one.

This is a picture of me with my new friend Hannah. She is one of the nicest people I have met so far here in Vermont. Of course I've really only met a few, but she is one of the easiest to get along with as well.

After we had returned from Montpelier Mary and I went to the beach. The temperature reached 91 degrees today. The water is actually a really nice temperature, but everyone says that it will get warmer as the summer goes on. I'm not looking forward to the middle of the summer heat with only hot water to go swimming in. Now I think we will be going to a barbecue. Busy weekend!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Naked people on bikes?! Too funny!! Elisabeth didn't recognize you with your glasses. You look great! Is that a tattoo I see on your arm??